Hol Ka Boat
The Hol Ka is a modern wheelchair accessible transport boat which you can use for seasonal transport in Prague 7 between Holešovice, Karlín and Štvanice. Its name is an acronym of the words Holešovice and Karlín.
The Prague Steamboat Company has in this way after 85 years returned to operating ferries. From the 1930s to the mid-1940s it operated a ferry between Císařská louka and Vyšehrad with the propeller vaporetto VLASTA.
About the boat:
- launched on 7 August 2015
- fast and manoeuvrable high deck catamaran
- wheelchair accessible
- space for baby carriages and bikes, comfortable for passengers
- covered rear deck
Capacity & technical parameters:
- deck height above water surface 0.5 m, clearance height 175 cm
- displacement 2 tons
- engine horsepower 18 kW (planned replacement with an environmentally friendly electric motor)
- equipped with an echosounder to monitor the depth of the Vltava riverbed
|12||0.4 m||6 m||2.6 m|